Seniors Engagements Weddings Children & Families Personal Special Events Freebies
My Website Sunrise/Sunset Something Sweet My Twitter



Greetings! Ciao! Hola! Thanks for checking out my blog. It’s a sneak peek into my crazy, fun world: kinda, journaling with a camera! Oh, but who am I? I’m a photographer and artist who’s totally, I mean, TOTALLY in love with what she does! It’s so hard to call it a ‘job’-----it’s much too fun to be a job! I’m able to meet and hang out with super cool people (oh, yeah!), do wild, exciting things (woot!) and create out-of-this-world, one-of-a-kind art (rock on)! All of this from behind my lens: how super cool is that? (Thank you, God, for I am blessed!) I’m based in Titusville, Florida but, hey, I’ve traveled to faraway places for my fabulous clients (and I’ll do it again)! Please, take your time and have a look around, if you like what you see, give me a call or shoot me an email, tag me on twitter or look me up on facebook. I adore meeting new people and working on new projects (outrageously outlandish to creatively calm) and I’d love to work with you!

Saturday, January 12, 2008

just an ordinary day...

Days go by.....ordinary days that sometime seem endless in the "usual". How are you doing today? "Oh, the same." What are you doing today? "Same 'ol, same 'ol". Have you ever thought to stop and be grateful for your usual, boring day? Because, the days that are not the same, can be life changing and rock you to the core....
Yesterday, was usual for me as I sat down to work at the computer all day.....then the phone rang. It was Florida Hospital and they had a baby that was expiring, the parents wished for professional images and the photographers they had contacted in Orlando were unavailable. Oh, my gosh.....so far to travel......gas is so expensive.....I'll get nothing done today if I go......but, then I remembered, I had asked God to give me the ability to be a blessing to someone today. And here it was, my opportunity. I had no clients scheduled for the day, so I went... and they were thankful. I was a blessing to someone that day. How about you?

Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep (NILMDTS) is a network of nearly 3,000 volunteer professional photographers that donate their time and talents to families experiencing early infant loss. At a family's request, a NILMDTS Affiliated Photographer will come to your hospital or hospice location and conduct a sensitive and private portrait session. The portraits are then professionally retouched and presented to the families on CD or DVD that can be used to print portraits of their cherished baby.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU for all that you do. You
probably helped those grieving parents more than any of us know. Our memories are such an important part of who we are. Photographs help us to visit that memory and add to those images that we hold in our heart. You have a great gift... and you shared it unselfishly. You became a part of their healing process. You gave them what no one else could ~ A beautiful reminder of their darling child.

Unknown said...

Sharlene-- Sooooo amazing! You are a blessing to someone every day. You just may not know it. My co-worker's daughter recently gave birth to premature twins. One did not make it. She is having a terrible time going through the grieving process especially since the other one needs her desperately to continue his fight for life and she is completely devastated. I wish they had know about your organization. I think that that might have given her some closure. God Bless you and your desire to share your gifts with those around you. I look at my gifts from you every day and never stop being amazed! Thank you does not seem enough.
Mariann

Anonymous said...

Oh Sharlene, you have given those families more then you could possibly know. Your pictures are so tastefully done and depict the true attributes of the little one they now must grieve. Your past experiences with precious life and death have helped you achieve a new level of healing, not one of medicinal but one of the heart. What a very special gift you have been given.

May God bless you as you continue to help those in need with your unique and truly gifted talent.

Rhonda