Seniors Engagements Weddings Children & Families Personal Special Events Freebies
My Website Sunrise/Sunset Something Sweet My Twitter



Greetings! Ciao! Hola! Thanks for checking out my blog. It’s a sneak peek into my crazy, fun world: kinda, journaling with a camera! Oh, but who am I? I’m a photographer and artist who’s totally, I mean, TOTALLY in love with what she does! It’s so hard to call it a ‘job’-----it’s much too fun to be a job! I’m able to meet and hang out with super cool people (oh, yeah!), do wild, exciting things (woot!) and create out-of-this-world, one-of-a-kind art (rock on)! All of this from behind my lens: how super cool is that? (Thank you, God, for I am blessed!) I’m based in Titusville, Florida but, hey, I’ve traveled to faraway places for my fabulous clients (and I’ll do it again)! Please, take your time and have a look around, if you like what you see, give me a call or shoot me an email, tag me on twitter or look me up on facebook. I adore meeting new people and working on new projects (outrageously outlandish to creatively calm) and I’d love to work with you!

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Photo Play with Kim

Recently, my good friend and awesome photographer, Kim McCormick and I went on a photo play day in historic Melbourne. Surprised? Many professional photographers know each other and we love to hang out. Professional photographers belong to the same organizations, we go to school together, guild meetings together, conventions, and workshops....we share a lot! (Sometimes we share clients.) Now how cool is it to go and search for inspiration in order to enhance your creativity? What did we look for? What did we find? Here are just a few, right out of the camera:


We looked for interesting buildings and angles and intersection of lines...


WOW! This is a cool shot, I bet my sister, Kendra, would love to paint this!



We looked for texture and color and defining space...

We use texture in creating our cards, albums and custom storyboards; something like this makes us very excited when we find it!



We looked for composition...


And in simplicity discovered true beauty.



We looked for leading lines...



After we played downtown, we walked to the riverside and shot many angles of the railroad bridge......seeking sun flares... We found a Birdman, the marina, lovers under a bridge, an old man sitting peacefully on a park bench, two other photographers out on excursion and lots of seagulls and pigeons, as well!

Our next trip will be to St Augustine and maybe we can get Yvette and Martha and Pat to come along!


No comments: