Seniors Engagements Weddings Children & Families Personal Special Events Freebies
My Website Sunrise/Sunset Something Sweet My Twitter



Greetings! Ciao! Hola! Thanks for checking out my blog. It’s a sneak peek into my crazy, fun world: kinda, journaling with a camera! Oh, but who am I? I’m a photographer and artist who’s totally, I mean, TOTALLY in love with what she does! It’s so hard to call it a ‘job’-----it’s much too fun to be a job! I’m able to meet and hang out with super cool people (oh, yeah!), do wild, exciting things (woot!) and create out-of-this-world, one-of-a-kind art (rock on)! All of this from behind my lens: how super cool is that? (Thank you, God, for I am blessed!) I’m based in Titusville, Florida but, hey, I’ve traveled to faraway places for my fabulous clients (and I’ll do it again)! Please, take your time and have a look around, if you like what you see, give me a call or shoot me an email, tag me on twitter or look me up on facebook. I adore meeting new people and working on new projects (outrageously outlandish to creatively calm) and I’d love to work with you!

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Sydney is going to Boston Children's Hospital

Meet Sydney. She is a vivacious seven year old leaving tomorrow to go to Boston Children's Hospital. When I told her that Boston was a famous city, her eyes lit up and she said, "I'll be famous!". (Yes, you will, Sydney.) Then we chatted about the movie "Finding Nemo" and how the city they were traveling to in that story was Sydney, Austrailia and she summized that she was already famous. You would never know while speaking to Sydney that buried deep inside her was a tumor. A tumor placed in a precarious place: where her brainstem meets her brain (medulla). She was only recently diaganosed with this cervicomedullary tumor. Since then, it's been a whirlwind life for her family. Tomorrow, they travel to Boston for the doctors there to meet her, examine her, and see what they can do. Last week, Something Sweet headed a fund raiser to help get Sydney to Boston by donating cookies, brownies, and cupcakes in order to raise over $ 5000 in monetary donations as well as airline tickets and hotel vouchers. Their regular customers (and new ones) all donated to Sydney every time they purchased a sweet treat. Other businesses and people who helped raise money by purchasing & selling treats from Something Sweet were, employees of the City of Titusville, Heavenly Hair in Cocoa, Dixie Crossroads Restaurant, and Professional Aircraft Accessories. Of course, the session and images from us are also donated to the family. The generosity and love poured out from everyone has given Sydney a chance to travel to Boston to work with one of the the greatest children's medical team in the nation. God bless you all!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are angels all over this world. Thank you for being one and for helping one as well.

Kendra Wilkinson said...

I'm sending LOTS of LoVe and Healing Vibes your way Sweet Sydney & Family - and A BIG FAT THANK*YOU to my loving sister Sharlene & all of the other Angels that gave so freely to help Sydney and her family get to Boston.

Hugs & get well wishes, Kendra

Anonymous said...

To Sydney and her family...may the lord be with you.

To Something Sweet and photoARTworks...you're amazing.